Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Why You Shouldn't Want to be Tall

So, today my friend Amanda and I were walking from our school (the junior high school), to the actual High-School for pit-orchestra.  There we were, walking down the sidewalk while the school buses passed us every two seconds.  As one of the buses pulled to a stop I looked over and saw this kid that was sticking his head out of a window.  He stared at me for a second, and then said the words of doom; "You're really tall!" he exclaimed.  I wanted to rip my hair out and throw a sarcastic remark back at him.

Amanda so kindly volunteered to swear colorfully at him :)

Thanks.

That experience INSPIRED me to make this blog post.

So, for your entertainment purposes, I present to you...

5 Reasons You Don't Want to be Tall!

1.  You get all sorts of people staring at you and stating the obvious.
Them:  "You're really tall!"
Me:  "No really? (Dripping with sarcasm)  I never noticed!"

2.  People expect your career choice to be one of the following:
A model.
A professional basketball player.
Well you know what people?  What if I don't wanna be a model?  (I'm the least photogenic person in the world anyways. . .)  Also, I'm extremely un-athletic.

3.  Hugs.  Nuff said.

Image courtesy of:  theoatmeal.com
4.  You get angry looks when you miss a shot in basketball.  Their eyes just bare into you and you can just imagine them saying; "You had all this potential and you freaking MISSED THE SHOT?  You're a failure in life."
Nothing wrecks your self esteem like a pair of eyes telling you you're useless.

5.  "How's the weather up there?"
"THE WEATHER IS EXACTLY THE SAME UP HERE, IDIOT!"

Whew. . .

I feel like a big weight just got lifted off my shoulders. . .

Wow.

Okay.

I'm gonna have to calm down for a while.

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment